Thursday 5 March 2009

Fruity Face

Yesterday I watched the first episode of James Wong's 'Grow Your Own Drugs' series. One of his recipes was a Kiwi and Papaya face mask which may sound like any old natural recipe but this one had a difference - the fruits both contain an enzyme that breaks down proteins, and they do it very well. Meaning that the facemask *should* remove all the dead and dying cells and leave you with a fresh layer of skin.

I suffer from eczema, which was described as 'really quite bad' by my doctor (I wasn't too happy about that) and it's on my face so I'm always on the look out for something completely natural to make my skin look fresher. No harm in giving this one a go. Here's how James recommends you do it...


I
ngredients
1/2 a kiwi
1/2 a papaya
Juice from 1/2 a lime
1 sachet of vegetable gelatin



Method
- Cut kiwi in half. Peel the half you're going to use.
- Mash kiwi using a sieve into bowl. Add juice from half a lime.
- Cut papaya in half, scoop seeds out of half you will use and peel.
- Mash papaya on chopping board with fork, then with sieve into a different bowl.
- Mix in veg. gelatin and heat over saucepan of boiling water. Stir constantly.
- Heat for 3 minutes and remove, still stirring.
- SLOWLY add lime and kiwi juice, stirring until mixed.
- Leave to cool (or until warm) and apply to face, leave for 10 minutes to 1 hour.

So here I am, about 40 minutes on with a stiff face, looking like I've had a fight with a tube of St. Tropez. No sign of the eczema disapproving although my eyes have been stinging a bit from the lime juice. Time to wash it off...

Verdict
Very impressive! As I hoped my skin feels soft, fresh and not at all irritated. Just half a papaya, half a lime and half a kiwi made enough mask for about 3 applications, so considering all the ingredients cost around just £1.75 I'll definitely, definitely be making it again. It's much less messy than my usual porridge oats, banana and milk concoction and frankly it works a lot better. Mum saw my skin afterwards and said she's noticed a difference, so she's off to use it too!




By TwitterButtons.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment