Saturday 4 April 2009

DON'T try this at home!

Over the past three weeks I've been collecting ingredients to make James Wong's Viola Eczema cream. I won't link to it, for reasons you're about to discover.

In total they almost £15 but I was willing to try it, having heard the good reviews it got on the 'Grow Your Own Drugs' programme. Also, I've tried one of James' recipes before and found it works really well. However, this morning I've spend 3 hours stirring what I can only describe as oily, brown water in a desperate attempt to turn it into cream. Wong, your recipe is WRONG.

Furious is not quite the word to use regarding my mood, but the less said about that the better. Unfortunately I've missed out on the opportunity to guest post on a great eczema website about it, but I'd rather this post was read and eczema sufferers don't waste their time and money on another remedy that doesn't work. Okay perhaps the actual cream does help, but how on earth are we meant to make it?

Anyway, enough of the ranting. I'm almost getting to the bottom of the eczema, nausea and anxiety mystery as I'm seeing a pattern in symptoms after I eat wheat. It could be IBS, it could be an H.Pylori infection but either way I'm sticking to snacking on raisins and I have lots of time for knitting; so keep reading!


By TwitterButtons.com

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear! That's terrible. There is something suspicious about how all James Wongs tests have such positive results. He must have done something extra to the recipe. How disappointing and expensive!! I hope that at least you stop some others from wasting their time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a shame and a waste of time/money for you. Thanks for reviewing/posting about it. I was very tempted to try making the cream myself but I don't think I'll bother now. I am however going to try a viola tincture to see if this works as it is the active ingredient he used in the recipe. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny: I still can't help thinking it was me doing something wrong! I made it on an Aga rather than a hob but that shouldn't make much difference. I'll look up reviews of it before I dive in head first again :P

    Anon: I've heard good things about the tincture and when I talked to the lady in the local health shop about ingredients she said they sold it already made! I think I'll try that out too.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Comment